Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Prompt #6

Although it is obvious that technology has changed drastically from centuries ago, sometimes I forget just how much technology has changed even in my own lifetime. This chapter of Technology Applications for the Digital Classroom showed me that not only have new inventions appeared during this time, (such as ipods, tablets, smartboards) but existing technology has developed and become even more useful. Technology has definitely been integrated much more into society and the classroom since I was in elementary school. In many classrooms, smartboards are used instead of whiteboards, and powerpoint presentations or other computer based teaching tools are used. A lot of people use technology in their day to day use a lot more, including children and adults. The internet is used a lot more to find out about news than a newspaper, and people stay connected with each other much easier through twitter, facebook, texting, etc.  Overall, I think that technology is changing even more rapidly, and that as a future teacher, I must learn to adapt and integrate this technology at the same pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment