I believe that Bloom's Taxonomy as applied to technology and education today is a little outdated with regards to some aspects. One of the main things that the original version is missing is the thought process involved with creating. Technology can be used to learn about new ideas, develop them and create new ones. This becomes especially true the further we go into the future and become more reliant on the use of technology.
However, I do think that Bloom developed some good ideas that can be altered for classrooms of the 21st century. I agree that people can use different levels of thinking at certain times, and that different ways of thinking can be appropriate for different activities. A teacher should be able to encourage students to think in many different ways, with the use of many different materials including technology.
I agreed with Andrew Johnson's video where he described different action words to describe each level of thinking. This can help students (and teachers) to be more creative and innovative, again which relates to technology and the development of new things. Although a student may not always be able to be creative because of the nature of the material, they should be able to think in different ways and use many different kinds of thinking when they have the opportunity to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment