Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Prompt #3

Upon reviewing the Pew Research Center's research as well as the video provided in chapter 3 of Technology Applications for the Digital Classroom, I realized that present day teachers need to teach a lot differently than in the past generations. It will likely be easier for me to teach using technology than someone who is a "digital immigrant". Because I have grown up with the use of technology, I think I will be able to relate better to my students, and understand how they can learn. I understand that multitasking is a big part of our world today, even with regards to the classroom. Although I hope to teach early elementary school where cell phones and  ipods as distractions hopefully won't be as much as a problem, I still need to realize that these children are constantly exposed to technology too. To prepare them for the digital world, I will integrate technology into lessons, and make sure my students are stimulated and interested. The digital world needs people to be creative and innovative, and developing new ideas. If I can keep students interested with a variety of media, this will hopefully encourage inquiry and creativity that they can carry with them as they get older, and as technology changes and develops even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment