According to Chapter 3 of Technology Applications for the Digital Classroom, there are 5 ISTE standards for teachers. These include: Facilitating and inspiring student learning and creativity, Designing and Developing Digital Age Learning Experiments and Assessments, Modeling Digital - Age working and learning, Promoting and Modeling Digital Citizenship and Responsibility, and Engaging in Professional Growth and Leadership. These standards are closely related/ connected to the standards for students. I think this is important because teachers' interests should match up with their students, so that they can all develop and make the learning experience the best it can be for the students. Teachers should also be good role models for their students for how to use technology with proper etiquette.
I plan to use technology to be a good role model for my students for the etiquette of technology. I will also use technology to develop more creative lesson plans that incorporate the use of technology in the classroom for my students. This will encourage them to think in different ways and give them other options to be assessed beyond a paper test that forces them to regurgitate information.
No comments:
Post a Comment