For this post, I decided to discuss English/ Language arts (chapter 8 of Technology Applications for the Digital Classroom). There are a vast number of ways to use online resources to teach this core subject. One of them that I really liked was the idea of using blogs and wikis in the classroom - http://www.slideshare.net/meganpoore/using-wikis-and-blogs-in-class-345547. I think this is a good idea because it lets students think creatively and express their own thoughts (through blogs) and learn how to collaborate with each other while using technology (through wikis).
I also really liked the artistic approach to teaching ELLS- Students whose first language is not English make use of their first language to develop competency in the English language arts and to develop understanding of content across the curriculum" (Technology Applications for the Digital Classroom). Through this website, I learned several ways that art can be used to teach writing to ELLS. I especially liked the idea of having them fill in the blanks of song lyrics while listening to songs. I think this is a good idea because it will peak student interest as well as deelop their listening and writing skills. http://www.slideshare.net/JayneBognar/jayne-bognar-an-artistic-approach-to-teaching-writing-to-el-ls
This chapter showed me that there are a huge variety of different ways to make learning Language Arts fun, while using technology and being creative with it. I will definitely use these resources in the future when I plan my own lessons.
No comments:
Post a Comment